Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DOUBLE-DECKER BROWNIE CHEESECAKE


Can't quite decide between two cheesecake flavours? I didn't want to choose so I made them both – and a brownie!

This recipe is not just ridiculously easy but also gluten-free and fairly low-carb. The cake is very rich and creamy but not too sweet.

I'm using the recipe to enter the We Should Cocoa chocolate challenge, hosted by Chele from Chocolate Teapot.

The brownie base is quite similar to my marinated mud cake.

Makes approximately an 18 cm cake.


Brownie base:

50g chocolate
100g cocoa powder
100g unsalted butter
30g sugar
2 large eggs


Raspberry layer:

400g cream cheese
sugar to taste
a handful of raspberries, I used frozen


Lemon layer:

400g cream cheese
sugar to taste
lemon juice
lemon zest



To make the brownie base melt chocolate and butter and mix in sugar. Allow to cool.

Beat in the eggs, one at a time. If the batter splits, it's too warm so put it in the freezer for a minute or two. Continue as normal and it will become smooth again.

Mix in cocoa.

Bake in 200°C until firm. Allow to cool.

Prepare the fillings. You will find it easier if you soften the cheese by pressing it through a sieve before you mix anything into it. Spread the fillings on the brownie base.

Chill overnight to set.

3 comments:

  1. This is a credit to you :-)

    It looks just delicious, ala Otto Lenghi or something :-D great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three different delicious layers - what a great cheesecake. We are doing a "we should cocoa" challenge and raspberries is this month's ingredient, so if you wanted to take part do check out the link at the top of my blog. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ruairi! I had to google that so now I know something I didn't know before.

    Choclette, what a great idea. I didn't realise raspberries were the ingredient of the month. I will definitely enter.

    ReplyDelete