Friday, November 12, 2010

SCONES



Easy and quick comfort food. These are very soft and delicate with a crispy top even when made with gluten-free flour mix.

I have a theory that shop-bought gluten-free scones are actually just surplus astronaut food that NASA are selling out to minimise losses.




3 parts self-raising flour (gluten-free is fine)
2 parts lemonade of sparkling water
1 part cream
a pinch of salt
more flour until workable


Mix until smooth, and gosh almighty it'll be very smooth.

Bake in 200°C until golden.


4 comments:

  1. Those look wonderful Aino! Would love a bite! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These scones look great - you made me laugh about shop-bought scones being surplus astronaut food - they are really weird aren't they and quite often they don't even have crumbs to them! *cue Twilight Zone music* This recipe looks so much easier than the one I use - will give it a go next time I make them. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tracey and Joey! It really is the easiest recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those scones look really good. I hate it when they are dry but these look perfect like my mums!

    ReplyDelete